Final by default?

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Sun Mar 16 01:04:11 PDT 2014

On 15 Mar 2014 13:45, "Johannes Pfau" <nospam at example.com> wrote:

> Am Fri, 14 Mar 2014 19:29:27 +0100
> schrieb Paulo Pinto <pjmlp at progtools.org>:
>
> > That is why the best approach is to have one module per platform
> > specific code, with a common interface defined in .di file.
>
> Which is basically what Iain proposed for druntime. Then the thread got
> hijacked and talked about three different issues in the end. Walter
> answered to the other issues, but not to Iain's original request, Andrei
> agreed with Walter, the discussion ended, pull request closed and
> nothing will happen ;-)
>

> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/731
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/732
>
> I think we'll have to revisit this at some point, but right now there's
> other stuff to be done...

Indeed other stuff needs to be done, it just so happens that thanks to
sys.posix's bad design splitting out other modules into ports will be more
a pain.  But it shows how *no one* in that thread who responded either
against the first pull, or went off and hijacked the second had a Scooby
about the issue being addressed.  Didn't even have the curiosity to give
alternate suggestions.