Not the last breakage (Was: TLBB: The Last Big Breakage)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Mar 16 10:42:37 PDT 2014

Andrei Alexandrescu:

> On 3/16/14, 8:59 AM, bearophile wrote:
>> (and some Rust people say D "scope" can't be very
>> useful).
>
> [citation needed]

It was part of a much longer discussion on Reddit, few weeks ago.
"scope" is a blunt tool compared to the region analysis of Rust.
But this is not important, even less powerful tools can be
useful, and they can be much more useful than not having them at
all.

I'd like someone to write a DIP for scope (I am not able to write
it), and then discuss it a little (in another thread, because
here it's off-topic), to see what it's supposed solve, and what
it's not supposed to solve.

Bye,
bearophile