A minor mention of D

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Mon Mar 17 04:07:17 PDT 2014

Am Mon, 17 Mar 2014 09:57:57 +0000
schrieb "Kelet" <kelethunter at gmail.com>:

> Was watching a YouTube video, and was pleasantly surprised when
> Minecraft's lead developer and designer made a (albeit small)
> mention of D as a possible language for game development.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPk6UPVqUJs#t=713

"And then there is a similar language [to C/C++] called D.
This is slightly more modern than C++. It has more
flexibility in the syntax of the language. I couldn't find
very much information on how to make games in D, but if you
are really interested in this, I mean if you are really into
programming already and want to see something new, then you
should look up D, because that's a very interesting language
for one that is a nerd like me. Alright, but let's move on to
slightly more higher level languages. So we have Java..."

The slide reads:

o Also a compiled language
o More modern than C++
o Maybe not mature for game development yet
o To get started: http://dlang.org/

--
Marco