Remember that Go vs D MQTT thing and how we wondered about dmd vs gdc?

Bienlein jeti789 at web.de
Mon Mar 17 09:16:22 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 6 March 2014 at 17:17:12 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:

There is a thread now on the Go user forum about GoF design
patterns in Go:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=de#!topic/golang-nuts/3fOIZ1VLn1o
Reading the comments by Robert Pike (the Go lead developer) is
insightful. Here is one of them:

"A concrete example: The Visitor Pattern.

This is a clever, subtle pattern that uses subtype inheritance to
implement a type switch.

Go has type switches, and therefore no need for the Visitor
Pattern."

With type switches he means a case switch on types, see
http://golang.org/doc/effective_go.html#type_switch

In other words, Go and OOP: Abandon all Hope! From my side the
"Go vs D MQTT thing" is closed. Go will never develop into any
thing than C in a modern disguise.

Maybe I now hi-jacked the thread another time. Sorry, but
couldn't resist. At least I did resist to post a reply in that
thread on the Go user forum. I think it would be plain useless ...