Appropriateness of posts

bachmeier no at spam.com
Mon Mar 17 13:14:24 PDT 2014

On Monday, 17 March 2014 at 19:29:10 UTC, Araq wrote:
>> The pervasive sexism in our profession is a serious problem,
>> and should be addressed wherever it's found. If keeping sex
>> jokes out of an otherwise-professional forum will encourage
>> even one keen developer to stay a while longer in D space,
>> then that's a tremendously small price to pay for an
>> invaluable return.
>>

> Yeah but it can also discourage the many people who are fed up
> with political correctness. The "tremendously small price"
> might be much bigger than you think...

I cannot think of any case where restricting discussions of sex
will restrict anyone's ability to write code in D or talk about
the language's development.

I thank Walter for keeping these forums focused. It would be
really hard to recommend D otherwise. There's no way I could
recommend D to a class full of grad students if the primary forum
for discussion were not family-friendly.