Final by default?

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Mon Mar 17 13:23:43 PDT 2014

On Monday, 17 March 2014 at 19:42:47 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/17/2014 12:18 PM, Sean Kelly wrote:
>> So I'd import "core.sys.ucontext.package" if I didn't want a
>> system-specific module (which should be always)?
>
> No,
>
>     import core.sys.ucontext;
>
> Yes, ucontext is a directory. The package.d is a magic file
> name. This is the new package design that was incorporated last
> year, designed specifically to allow single imports to replaced
> by packages without affecting user code.

Ah.  I suspected this might be the case and searched the language
docs before posting, but couldn't find any mention of this so I
thought I'd ask.

I like the idea of a file per platform, and am undecided whether
I prefer this or the publishing solution.  This one sounds more
flexible, but it may be more difficult to produce installs that
contain only the files relevant to some particular platform.