Appropriateness of posts

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 13:30:53 PDT 2014

On Monday, 17 March 2014 at 20:14:25 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> I cannot think of any case where restricting discussions of sex
> will restrict anyone's ability to write code in D or talk about
> the language's development.
>
> I thank Walter for keeping these forums focused. It would be
> really hard to recommend D otherwise. There's no way I could
> recommend D to a class full of grad students if the primary
> forum for discussion were not family-friendly.

I think it does though, the forum post which started this seemed
to be on topic about D's publicity/marketing. Walter has voiced
that he wishes not to have any sexual references in the threads.

As for "family-friendly." I take it you haven't been to D.learn.
Swearing my be uncommon, but it does come out. This is similarly
subjective since many families don't have much issue with their
kids hearing/seeing swear words. While I don't have a family, I
didn't see any issue with the offending thread.