Appropriateness of posts

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 14:30:55 PDT 2014

On Monday, 17 March 2014 at 21:01:24 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> One can argue that it's all relative but that's rather
> ineffective. The reality is I do work at Facebook with people
> from all over the globe and though cultural adaptation is on
> rare occasions an issue, it's never been considered
> inapproachable or even difficult.

Well yes and no. People come in a company and adapt to the
existing standards. It is much easier to do face to face than
online. For instance, I often speak French with one of my
coworker. We speak to each other in ways that would seems
completely unacceptable by the usual standards in the company.

PS: I works at Facebook as well.