Appropriateness of posts

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Mon Mar 17 15:30:31 PDT 2014

On 3/17/2014 5:00 PM, Araq wrote:
> On Monday, 17 March 2014 at 20:15:52 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
>>
>> Good. If "not being a jerk" is such an onerous burden, their influence
>> is almost certain to be harmful to the community in the long-term.
>
> Ah so "being fed up with politicial correctness" is now the same as
> "being a jerk". Very well.

very, very true. Politicial correctness has nothing whatsoever to do
with politeness.

You wanna know what "political correctness" is about? I swear I'm mot
making this up: You're no longer supposed to refer to "Attention Deficit
Disorder" as such. Believe it or not, "political correctness"  now
demands it be called "Attention Deficit *Hyperactivity* Disorder
*WITHOUT Hyperactivity*". That's right, "hyperactivity without
hyperactivity". Then they play off garbage like that as *somehow* being
more friendly and polite, pretend their idiocy is actually being
worthwhile instead of dragging us back to the damn puritan era, and then
people actually *believe* their bullshit about "political correctness"
actually having some connection to ethics.

But of course, ethics isn't something to be questioned, and so by
(false) association, people are also scared shitless of questioning
political correctness, too.