TLBB: The Last Big Breakage

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 12:33:57 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 18 March 2014 at 13:49:54 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> I still have zero understanding of what "synchronized" is
> supposed to mean an only vague guesses about "shared". Probably
> have never used either of those apart of "shared static this()"
> module constructors. Having some examples of how code is
> supposed to behave and what will break can help reason about it.

Synchronized is supposed to remove the top level shared qualifier
(but keep it for every indirections) withing member functions.
Member function also acquire a mutex before doing anything.

Andrei: please consider my proposal earlier in this thread. This
is a relaxed version of the change that we are discussing here,
which ensure the same level of safety, but with smaller breakage
involved.