Assault & battery on pull requests

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 15:51:37 PDT 2014

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 19:47:39 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu

> On 3/16/14, 3:28 PM, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
>> On Sunday, 16 March 2014 at 22:10:50 UTC, monarch_dodra wrote:
>> I'd like to thank you for leaving a PR open for a couple of days before
>> merging after having reviewed it yourself. Even if this practice was
>> widely adopted though, the problem remains with PRs sometimes being
>> merged even when there are still outstanding objections.
>
> We can always undo merges.

We currently have "auto merge" feature.

What about an "auto merge after 2 days without further objection" feature?

The problem I see with not merging right away is people forget to do it. I
would include myself as someone who does that.

Doesn't have to be used in every case, obviously.

-Steve