A simple sieve in Phobos?

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Wed Mar 19 09:37:29 PDT 2014

Am Wed, 19 Mar 2014 16:06:44 +0000
schrieb "Dicebot" <public at dicebot.lv>:

> On Wednesday, 19 March 2014 at 15:58:43 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
> > Who'd be confused?
> >
> > Andrei
>
> Users who see find it in Phobos will be confused about how
> experimental exactly it is and what to expect from it. Developers
> will be confused about what is expected from them
> maintenance-wise starting from this point and what to do with
> reported bugs / issues.

Why was that never a problem for OpenGL ?

> Don't put stuff which is naturally bleeding edge into scheduled
> controlled distributions. dub has special category for Phobos
> proposals, we need to better popularize it.

That much is true. Last time I checked it wasn't there. Then
again everyone can add categories there. I added two myself.
Everyone can tag their package as Phobos candidate.
But I cannot imagine random packages on dub getting the same
exposure as modules included in Phobos.

They will be auto-tested, the idea has the approval of the
community and they are ready to use when you install the
compiler.

Personally I avoid dub, so to that end I'm probably biased.

--
Marco