A simple sieve in Phobos?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Mar 19 09:45:45 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-19 at 15:45 +0000, Dicebot wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 March 2014 at 15:02:55 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
> > On 3/19/14, 7:07 AM, Marco Leise wrote:
> >> I wonder if we could finally have that experimental package,
> >> call it "ext" or "etc" or whatever that has only one barrier
> >> to entry: the intent of the module must pass review.
> >
> > I think it's time to add an experimental package.
> >
> > Andrei
>
> I am against it. It gives nothing over dub and creates confusion.

The experimental package was removed from Go once the importing from
repositories worked properly. The core had only in it that which had
been agreed by the process, nothing experimental. This made everything a
lot cleaner.

So I think keeping Phobos with only vetted and approved code is a better
solution.
--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk