A simple sieve in Phobos?

Gary Willoughby dev at nomad.so
Thu Mar 20 14:30:53 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 19 March 2014 at 17:40:50 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 3/19/14, 10:01 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>> I avoid it too but it is my personal problem to deal with. dub
>> is
>> de-facto standard in D tool chain and I am pretty sure
>> eventually will
>> be distributed with dmd.
>
> It may be time to look into this. Who wants to champion this
> effort? -- Andrei

I'd support inclusion into the official Dlang package but it has
to be ready for distribution. I'm a big fan of it but it doesn't
seem 100% stable yet.

For experimental libs i'd rather they were kept out of phobos and
placed within the dub registry. We can load and use them at
leisure from there without expecting any sort of support from the
language maintainers. If included in phobos i can almost
guarantee that even though they will be marked experimental devs
will moan when they change because they will have an official
stamp.

Dub should be more embraced by the official language maintainers
especially moving the Deimos repo's into there. I myself have had
to duplicate and package a deimos repo and add it just to move on
with a project.