Improve D's syntax to make it more python like

Mason McGill mmcgill at caltech.edu
Fri Mar 21 13:43:22 PDT 2014

On Friday, 21 March 2014 at 18:47:49 UTC, Pedro Larroy wrote:
> Hi
>
> As a newcomer to D, I wonder, how difficult would be and would
> it be welcome by the D community to have D's syntax with
> significant whitespace and without brackets more like python?
>

> Thanks.

What draws you to D, if not the syntax?  If you're looking for a
fast, Python-like language, and you don't mind dependence on the
CPython runtime, I'd suggest looking into Cython
(http://cython.org/).

If you're interested in modern language features and expressive
metaprogramming with a Python-like syntax, I'd recommend Julia
(http://julialang.org/).

You might also be interested in Dylan (https://opendylan.org/),
though I don't know much about it.