Improve D's syntax to make it more python like

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Mar 21 14:47:03 PDT 2014

On Friday, March 21, 2014 18:47:47 Pedro Larroy wrote:
> Hi
>
> As a newcomer to D, I wonder, how difficult would be and would it
> be welcome by the D community to have D's syntax with significant
> whitespace and without brackets more like python?

*shudder* Python is more like the antithesis of good syntax IMHO. Sure, you
could have a language with D's capabilities where the syntax had been adjusted
to be more python-like, but I don't know what the benefit would be.
Regardless, it's not like we're going to change D's syntax at this point. That
would be king of breaking changes which wasn't worth what it cost.

I expect that the closest you would get would be some project which
essentially created its own language and simply converted it to D when
compiling.

- Jonathan M Davis