Walter's DConf 2014 Talks - Topics in Finance

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Mar 22 07:29:50 PDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-03-22 at 14:17 +0000, Daniel Davidson wrote:
[…]
> Performance engineers who can eek out that 10% on existing
> systems do very well. The same engineers who can build it
> entirely do much better.

Good C++ programmers appear to be able to get $350k to $400k in NY.

Of course the effect of that good programmers can be a profit increase
measures in millions.

I guess D should be able to do things just as fast as C++, at least
using LDC or GDC. My little informal microbenchmarks indicate that this
is the case, but for now this is anecdotal evidence not statistically
significant. Sadly for a while D programmers won't be able to achieve
the same remuneration as the top C++ programmers exactly because there
is little demand/supply pressure.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk