Improve D's syntax to make it more python like

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sat Mar 22 09:28:14 PDT 2014

Am 22.03.2014 17:14, schrieb Brian Rogoff:
> On Saturday, 22 March 2014 at 13:03:06 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
>> ALGOL60 did not have significant whitespace and an offside rule, just
>> like C, C++ and D don't, whereas Python, OCaml, etc. do.
>
> I've programmed in OCaml for many years and I somehow missed the
> significant whitespace.  Even the Revised syntax for OCaml (the improved
> and unused one) did not use significant whitespace, though I recall that
> there were unloved projects to provide such a syntax.

When F# was still in beta, it had OCaml syntax as default with a
significant whitespace mode that could be turned on with a compiler
directive "#light on".

While asking the embryonic F# community which mode should be the default.

The significant whitespace mode won and became the default, with the
OCaml mode being the optional one.

--
Paulo