Improve D's syntax to make it more python like

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Mar 22 10:28:20 PDT 2014

On 3/22/14, 9:19 AM, MattCoder wrote:
> On Saturday, 22 March 2014 at 01:22:14 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
>> ...Given D's compilation speed, that can be achieved as a dialect
>> without much aggravation by using a preprocessor.
>>
>> In fact I considered writing such a preprocessor as a running example...
>
> Please someone could show a little example of the quote above? I
> mean it would act like C preprocessor or in D it has another
> meaning?

As simple as it gets. The program would translate files with extension
".wsd" into files with extension ".d" and run dmd (or rdmd)
transparently. Appropriate handling of file timestamps etc. would
complete a nice utility. You'd use it like

wsd myscript.wsd

which under the hood would create (if necessary) myscript.d and then
exec rdmd on it.

Andrei