Improve D's syntax to make it more python like

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sun Mar 23 14:28:34 PDT 2014

On 3/23/2014 9:01 AM, 1100110 wrote:

> I find I think of the type as an adjective, and since I'm only fluent in
> english it makes perfect sense that the "adjective" would come before
> the "noun".
>
> What is X? X is an integer.  Integer describes what X is.
>
> "type after variable name" just doesn't have that mental model to it,
> hence I like it less.

I like "type name;" order because I usually know the type I want (even
if it's just "auto") before I know what I want to name the variable. So
it's more natural for me to write.

I've done plenty of "name : type;" code before, and I'm fine with it,
but I usually end up either writing the type first and then moving back
to write the name, or come up with a name first while making sure not to
forget what type I'd already had in mind. So a little bit more awkward
for me.