Should we deprecate comma?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Mar 23 18:16:26 PDT 2014

On 3/23/14, 6:09 PM, bearophile wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu:
>
>> Discuss: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/3399
>
> Are you going to listen to people in this thread or are just going to
> say that people in the newsgroup are not representative of the whole
> community of D users?

Argumentum ad populum has low pull on me. Come with good arguments, not
"half a dozen people can't be wrong".

> Regarding the "progress", I'd like a good built-in syntax to unpack
> tuples in assignments, inside function signatures, in foreach
> statements, and more, because the syntactic contortions I currently
> adopt to use tuples in D are bad.

Some examples of what you're trying to achieve would be great, with the
understanding that you're looking at at least five years until we'd be
able to change anything about the use of comma.

Andrei