Should we deprecate comma?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 18:42:07 PDT 2014

My vote is no, though I don't feel strongly about it since I can
still get work done either way; there's alternatives to the comma
operator in every case I can think of in D. But I just don't see
any compelling reason to make the change.

I don't find the tuple arguments convincing and the comma
operator has not been a noteworthy source of bugs in my
experience. The new tuple syntax need to outcompete the simple
tuple() or TypeTuple!() possibilities we have today, and
personally, I don't think they tuple proposals even stand on
their own, much less outcompete the status quo.

So again, my position is no, leaning toward meh whatever.