Should we deprecate comma?

Asman01 jckj33 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 19:39:00 PDT 2014

On Monday, 24 March 2014 at 02:21:20 UTC, Kenji Hara wrote:
> <yebbliesnospam at gmail.com>:
>
>> "Kenji Hara" <k.hara.pg at gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:mailman.27.1395624482.25518.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...

>> <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>:
>>
>>      if (cond) exp1, exp2;   // in most case, this is not a
>> bug.
>>>

>> It's not a bug, but this does the same thing - so why use the
>> comma
>> operator?
>>
>> if (cond) { exp1; exp2; }
>>
>> It catches bugs that are otherwise very difficult to spot.
>>

> At least I can imagine two reasonable cases.
>
> 1. If the code is ported from C/C++, breaking it is not
> reasonable.

> Kenji Hara

What about the compiler make some effort to detect this usage and
suggests the appropriated solution? just like it does when using
C's array/cast style. i.e., split the expression separed by the
comma operator in a list of expressions separed by semicolon
inside a compund statement. It isn't too hard to implement.