Should we deprecate comma?

w0rp devw0rp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 05:25:56 PDT 2014

Please kill the comma operator with fire. Is is just bad.

On Monday, 24 March 2014 at 12:20:11 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
> Or, if you really want to distinguish them, this would work:
>
> (1,2)    two-element tuple
> (1,)     one-element tuple
> (1)      simple expression
> (,)      empty tuple

I am a regular Python user, and I advise against using this
syntax for tuples. I have been bitten many times by something
which I thought was a tuple becoming an expression and something
I thought was a simple expression becoming a tuple. It may be
less of an issue in a static language, but it will still be an
issue. I don't have an alternative syntax to propose.