Should we deprecate comma?

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 06:10:09 PDT 2014

On Monday, 24 March 2014 at 12:43:22 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I have an allergic reaction to braces on the same lines :) Only
> place I ever use them is when the whole function can fit on the
> same line.
>
> -Steve

I get that "allergic reaction" :)

But it does have its advantages in terms of robustness
(accidental ";"), and scaling. For example, there are cases where
"," can't be used:

Type myType;
if(cond)
     {int dummy = 5; initialize(myType, dummy);}

As a general rule, I feel that "{}" is ugly, but that once they
are there, no-one is going to break my code.