Pull request names

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 10:49:42 PDT 2014

To all who are generating pull requests:

I get emails for every pull request message that is posted, as do anyone
who is subscribed to the github project.

A recent message in my email:

Re: [phobos] Fix issue 12419 (#2038)

@monarchdodra Good point, done.

-

The "view it on Github" is a link to the message. So I can see what this
is about. But it would be nice if the pull request title was more
descriptive. I don't know what issue 12419 is.

Please note, I am not complaining about the volume of pull request
chatter, this is great! But the title of the pull request should describe
what it logically is without having to click through to a bug report or
read everything about the pull request.

If you want to say "fix issue XXX", please repeat the bug title at least.

-Steve