A division problem

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 12:19:58 PDT 2014

On Monday, 24 March 2014 at 03:55:41 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Seasoned C/C++/D programmers watch for the types every time
> they perform a division, to avoid that trap. But less
> experienced programmers introduce bugs with divisions. Can D
> help the programmer reduce the frequency of similar bugs? And
> do we want to?

We are passed the initial stage of designing the language. D is
used now in lots of real code. The focus now has to be on
completing the original design, and maybe making small
non-breaking improvements where practical. Discussions about
fundamental changes to the language like this, while interesting,
are distracting and counterproductive.