A division problem

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Mar 24 13:02:50 PDT 2014

On 3/24/14, 12:51 PM, bearophile wrote:
> Peter Alexander:
>
>> We are passed the initial stage of designing the language. D is used
>> now in lots of real code.
>
> I'd like D improve some more.

The single most impactful way to improve D some more at this point is,
without a shred of doubt, reviewing pull requests on github. Anyone who
has any nontrivial interest in the future of D should help us turn the
ratchet by reviewing pull requests. Anything - potential bugs found,
safety suggestions, efficiency suggestions, LGTM - would help the core
team drain that pipe.

>> are distracting and counterproductive.
>
> It's not distracting, because it focuses on something you do often
> (divisions), and it's hopefully productive because it could avoid some
> bugs and decrease the time spent performing rote manual code review.

If you diverted 1.0/10 (sic!) of the effort you put in these discussions
in reviewing pull requests, that would help us all put up a lot better
with the distraction.

Andrei