Reviewing pull requests (was: A division problem)

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 13:48:06 PDT 2014

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 16:11:34 -0400, Andrej Mitrovic
<andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 24 March 2014 at 20:02:51 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> The single most impactful way to improve D some more at this point is,
>> without a shred of doubt, reviewing pull requests on github.
>
> I've been through most Phobos pulls several times now in the last few
> months, and from what I can tell a lot of pulls seem to be stalled by
> the pull authors themselves rather than a lack of reviewers. Someone
> makes a pull, it gets reviewed but turns out the pull needs more work,
> and then the author disappears from the face of the earth.

2 things:

1. Pulls that are waiting for author changes, but haven't been touched in
a week (maybe?) should be closed. They can always be reopened.
2. Pulls that are closed do not get tested, so they are not using up
cycles on the auto tester.

-Steve