Reviewing pull requests

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 24 18:26:31 PDT 2014

On 3/24/14, 4:50 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/24/2014 1:53 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
>> Older than 2 weeks and they aren't likely to get tested either.. since any
>> change to the branch (ie, a pull being merged) restarts testing, so they're
>> effectively just dead weight down the queue.  Only a lull in pull merging would
>> allow them to be tested, which is fine since a lull in activity would otherwise
>> just result in idle testers.
>
> Is it reasonable to, at least once a week, run the full queue? Like on Sunday morning?

To do so for all platforms would take more than a morning (probably a full day).  I don't,
personally, think it'd be all that useful.  As soon as it finished, the results would be deprecated
and fresh builds started.  That the queue focuses on pull requests that are actually the active
requests seems pretty much ideal, imho.

Also, for what it's worth, the 1 millionth test run was executed some time this past weekend.