Pull request names

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 05:17:28 PDT 2014

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 23:16:57 -0400, Jakob Ovrum <jakobovrum at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Monday, 24 March 2014 at 17:49:43 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> To all who are generating pull requests:
>>
>> I get emails for every pull request message that is posted, as do
>> anyone who is subscribed to the github project.
>
> Though I agree with everything you said, it is possible to "watch" a
> repository without receiving email notifications, for those who are fine
> with just the web interface's notification system.

It's not the notifications I dislike, I actually like emails much better
than dealing with the interface, I can delete ones I'm not going to look
at.

It's the requirement to click through to find out what the email is about.
Might as well get an email that says "Something changed" :)

I see that anyone can change the pull request title. That is a good
solution, let's anyone who sees such a pull request notify the author of
the requirement to be more descriptive, and change it when we see it.

Thanks!

-Steve