Formal review of dtoh

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Mar 25 13:38:39 PDT 2014

This is the formal review of Adam D. Ruppe's tool "dtoh" for inclusion
in the tools repository [1].

Dtoh is a tool used to convert D modules to C/C++ headers. This allows
to use D libraries in C/C++ code.

This review might be a bit special since this is the first time a tool
is reviewed. Since this is a review of a tool the standard guidelines
for reviewing might not apply. For example, we might require that the
tool should have documentation like DMD does [3].

There's already a pull request with some discussion [2]. Note, the pull
request has already been merged but we would like to do a review anyway.

Code: https://github.com/adamdruppe/tools/blob/dtoh/dtoh.d

The review will last for two weeks, ending on April 8.

[1] https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools
[2] https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/pull/39
[3] http://dlang.org/dmd-osx.html

--