Optimizing a raytracer

"Róbert László Páli" robertlaszlopali at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 02:35:22 PDT 2014

> Using a double4 could improve the performance of your code, but
> it must be used wisely. (One general tip is to avoid mixing
> SIMD
> and serial code. if you want to use SIMD code, then it's  often
> better to keep using SIMD registers even if you have one
> value).

I sadly could not get it to work properly, but the performance
seems good so far. Teoretichally I only would need to adjust the
Vector struct and operations (a small layer of the code, the rest
uses only the Vector type and the operations, not the inside of
it).

In case you are interested:
http://palaes.rudanium.org/SubSpace/render.php