Changing the behavior of the comma operator

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 07:39:11 PDT 2014

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 10:24:59 -0400, Kagamin <spam at here.lot> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 26 March 2014 at 11:08:45 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>> Have you never experienced this bug before?
>>
>> enum vals = [
>>     "afoo01foo01",
>>     "bbar02foo02",
>>     "cdoo03foo03",
>>     "dfoo01foo04",
>>     "ebar02foo01",
>>     "fdoo03foo02",
>>     "gfoo01foo03",
>>     "hbar02foo04",
>>     "aidoo03foo01"
>>     "jfoo01foo02a",
>>     "kbar02foo03",
>>     "ldoo03foo04",
>> ];
>
> In such case I add lines by copying other lines, so there's little
> chance to miss a comma. Well, I don't think you can find someone, who
> would defend implicit concatenation.

Frequently, I have situations where I do not put a comma on the last
element. Then via cut and paste, it is moved up without adding a comma, or
you add more elements without adding the comma.

Considering we have a concatenation operator, with constant folding, and
we don't have the c preprocessor to deal with, we should kill this with
fire.

-Steve