Changing the behavior of the comma operator

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Mar 26 12:49:14 PDT 2014

On 3/26/14, 11:36 AM, bearophile wrote:
> Fixing a little design mistake that causes bugs is not stopping all the
> other people like you from thinking about the more significant issues
> like concurrency, parallelism, reference scope, synchronized, and so on.

Doesn't seem like it. From where I stand, all these petty debates that
last forever take focus away from a small team of core contributors. A
dozen people are laying the bricks, whereas everybody else wrings their
hands on the side and occasionally point out a spec of dust that's not
where they think it should be.

>> But in a way that's beside the point. I'd much rather make
>> non-breaking improvements to the language, as there are plenty of
>> opportunities.
>
> I don't agree. It's much better to fix the little breaking changes now,
> and think about non-breaking improvements later. Because later the
> breaking changes will become less and less possible.

That later is already now.

Andrei