Changing the behavior of the comma operator

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Mar 26 13:00:17 PDT 2014

Andrei Alexandrescu:

> I'd much rather make non-breaking improvements to the
> language, as there are plenty of opportunities.

Three improvements I'd like for D:
- A not ugly and handy syntax for tuples;
- Optionally strongly typed array indexes;
- "enum preconditions" or something similar.

The first helps me write functional code without doing
contortions. The second is something I miss from Delphi/Ada and
helps write medium integrity code with more safety. The third
avoids some run-time bugs.

Bye,
bearophile