Deprecation of 'clear()'

Mike none at none.com
Wed Mar 26 21:24:42 PDT 2014

I ran accross the following statement in the runtime's source
code (object.di).

// Scheduled for deprecation in December 2012.
// Please use destroy instead of clear.
alias destroy clear;

I don't see 'clear' mentioned in the spec and I searched through
all of the runtime and phobos code and could not find a single
instance of it being used.  Did it ever 'really' exist?

I would like to update the deprecated features page
(http://dlang.org/deprecate.html), but I don't have the
historical perspective to do it properly, so I'm asking:

1.  When was it introduced?
2.  When was the decision made to deprecate it?
3.  Was there a deprecation process and timeline decided on?  If
so, what was it?
4.  Is it safe to remove from object.di and kill it officially?

If you know, fell free to do a pull on the deprecated features
page, or let me know on this thread, and I'll do the pull.

Thanks for the help,
Mike