Formal review of dtoh

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 06:25:09 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 26 March 2014 at 15:33:47 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
> Is there any usage example?

You make the json with dmd -X yourfile.d yourotherfiles.d

Then run the json through the thingy with ./dtoh yourfile.json

It'll make .h files for the extern(C) and extern(C++) pieces of
the D files which should work to bring it into your other project.

What I really want it someone to try it in a vaguely real-world
situation and see if it is helpful but could be better, too
limited to be useful, or buggy or what. There's some things I
think could be done better if dmd output more information, but I
think this is somewhat useful as it is now and just needs some
kind of serious test beyond my proof of concept file.

That's what I was hoping it could be pulled, with the note that
it is super experimental, so maybe people will try to use it and
file some bugs as to what really sucks. The whole approach might
need to be abandoned in favor of a new dmd switch or something
too. That's also why the style doesn't match and stuff like that;
if it needs a rewrite anyway, no point getting worked up over
brace placement. (It did need to be mostly rewritten a few months
ago because dmd changed the json output!)