"fold": a replacement for "reduce"

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 09:33:49 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 27 March 2014 at 15:54:46 UTC, Simen Kjærås wrote:
> On 2014-03-27 15:33, Meta wrote:
> Is it even necessary to specifically have a binary version of
> that?
> This seems to be a working generalization of binaryReverseArgs:

In binaryReverseArgs's defense, it was written before "Reverse!".
But yes, it's just a question of time before binaryReverseArgs is
replaced.

It's just a matter of having someone tackle the issue and submit
a proposal *hint* ;)

> On the same note, binaryFun and unaryFun seem to me unnecessary
> specializations of a more general 'fun' template. Philippe
> Sigaud has an implementation in his dranges called naryFun
> (https://github.com/PhilippeSigaud/dranges). That code has
> apparently not been touched for at least two years, so YMMV.

Also yes, but the general feeling around here, is that "string
functions" are a thing of the past, and should be replaced by
"real" lambda functions.

As such, even if "naryFun" works, it promotes the use of
something that is unpopular, and that some would like to see
disappear.