Changing the behavior of the comma operator

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Fri Mar 28 00:19:26 PDT 2014

On Friday, 28 March 2014 at 02:21:11 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> Sounds like a terrible idea as tuples are such an important
> tool in a modern programming language.
> It also seems unnecessary because there are many syntax
> alternatives. In fact a syntax decision would be the missing
> ingredient to get http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP32 rolling.

The problem with tuples is not syntax, but semantics: DIP32
should specify, when automatic unpacking happens and when
doesn't, that's a very sloppy feature, so it should be specified
better. Other corner cases I can think about: is one-element
tuple equivalent to that one element, is array literal a tuple,
is string literal a tuple, how to infer packed and unpacked
tuples, how to remember all these subtle features?