protocol for using InputRanges

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Fri Mar 28 07:15:10 PDT 2014

Earlier Walter wrote:

"I don't like being in the position of when I need high
performance code, I have
to implement my own ranges & algorithms, or telling customers
they need to do so."

I don't think there is a one size fits all. What if customers ask
for maximum security? In any language, if I want high
performance, I have to be prepared to walk on thin ice. If I want
things to be safe and / or generic, I have to accept additonal
checks (= perfomance penalties). I don't think that a language
can solve the fundamental problems concerning programming /
mathematical logic with all the contradictory demands involved.
It can give us the tools to cope with those problems, but not
solve them out of the box.