Numbering compiler error messages?

"Nordlöw" per.nordlow at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 11:46:13 PDT 2014

> I think we should focus on improvements that *really* make a
> change.

I've been missing from time to time the ability to sort my
messages on *type* rather than file or line together with an IDE
that present these in a tree (GUI) view where each warning
message type node can be expanded or compressed. At least for big
projects written in C/C++ where people have accidentally turned
off important warning messages and then some other guy have found
out that we need to turn it on (again) this would be a useful
feature. This mainly because it's easier to fix a set of similar
warnings at the same time as the solutions often are more closely
related than warnings of different kind related solely by line
locality.

Now, of course, D isn't C/C++ and D programs don't generated as
my garbage output as C/C++ does when compiled...but still could
become handy in very large D projects.