A simple sieve in Phobos?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Mar 30 17:55:24 PDT 2014

safety0ff:

> I.E. Are there non-toy uses to support inclusion?

I have several non-toy uses for the GCD, binomial, and the
permutations/combinations/pairwise ranges.

The other little discrete numerical functions like the integer
square root, etc, are useful sufficiently often.

The other two (isPrime and a sieve) are less practical, so their
inclusion is more debatable. Sometimes you want some small primes
for hashing, or in the unittests of a Rational type, and few
other situations. But D is for mathematics usage too. Given the
commonality of prime numbers in discrete mathematics (example: if
you want to study certain graphs), I think such two/three
functions/generators are acceptable, if they aren't too much
complex.

Bye,
bearophile