[Fwd: Re: [go-nuts] Need for official package manager]

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Mar 31 07:22:43 PDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-31 at 13:01 +0000, John Colvin wrote:
[…]
> Syntax notwithstanding, do you see any reason why goroutine-style
> CSP couldn't be implemented as a library in D?
>
> I know little about this area but at a brief glance it doesn't
> seem a particularly difficult problem.

Syntactically the issue is to create an intuitive and easy to use
syntax. Go has chosen one that works reasonably well – as has
Python-CSP.

Semantically, the various framework proof obligations can be encoded as
tests, which makes that straightforward.

So yes, it can be done, no it is a difficult problem, well once you get
beyond the brief glance anyway ;-)

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk