Warn about do nothing expressions?

Justin Whear justin at economicmodeling.com
Mon Mar 31 08:51:03 PDT 2014

On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 16:21:54 +0000, Frustrated wrote:

> Oh yeah, this makes hell of a lot of sense. I'm the one who's wrong, yet
> monarch claims it his is correct and yet clang gives a warning. Great
> logic there! I'll be sure to mark every post you have as special so I
> can study your logic to become so smart.

Trying to insult me isn't going to make you right, nor will an appeal to
unicorns.  With a well-defined order-of-operations, this might be correct
behavior;  in this case I suspect D is like C and that this is undefined
behavior, thus I would support making this statement illegal or at least
warning.  At any rate you are demonstrably incorrect about D differing
from the behavior of all other C-family languages--so unless you want to
go flame on the GCC and Clang mailing-lists, I suggest you dial it back.

Cheers,
Justin