Increasing performance with static polymorphism (and other neat tricks) - blog post

srean srean.list at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 16:57:06 PDT 2014

On Monday, 31 March 2014 at 15:24:03 UTC, Meta wrote:
> On Monday, 31 March 2014 at 15:22:23 UTC, Meta wrote:
>> What's the title on Hackernews? I can't seem to find it.
> Eh, nevermind, found it.

> Hackernews really needs a search function.

Erm thats where I am coming from, the search feature is there at
the bottom, take a look at the footer.

I have a slightly tangential question, repeating what I asked on
HN

Can't the destructor issue of scopebuffer be mitigated by using

       hasElaborateDestructor( )

For instance have two versions one with a destructor for non POD
and another without. The compiler dispatches to the appropriate
one at compile time. There should not be any loss in performance.