D For A Web Developer

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 1 00:06:24 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 20:36:15 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 4/30/14, 12:25 PM, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 19:08:15 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
>> wrote:

>>> Why would I run more tests than I have to?
>>
>> Because you hardly notice difference between 0.1 and 0.5
>> seconds
>
> *cough* std.datetime *cough* :o)

Pretty much everyone agrees that std.datetime needs to be split
into smaller module which was one of my original points.

> One good example is networking tests - if I worked on an
> airplane I'd love to not test tests that need connectivity with
> a simple regex.

Again, networking (as well as any other I/O) has no place in unit
tests. Never. Supporting such kind of tests natively means
designing completely new system not changing existing one.

For most simple example, you can't run non-unit tests in parallel
without explicit annotations from programmer (your other thread).