Parallel execution of unittests

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 1 05:00:42 PDT 2014

Am Thu, 01 May 2014 13:24:07 +0200
schrieb Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com>:

> On 2014-05-01 11:37, Dicebot wrote:
>
> > You only need to make sure all modules are transitively imported
> > from initial one.
>
> The solution for that would be RMInfo [1], like RTInfo but for
> modules instead of types.
>
> [1] https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/2271

But on a quick look I don't understand how this (or DRT #775) completely
solves the issue.

Now you don't have to import the modules anymore, which is a step
forward, but let's say I want to used this to find all SubClasses of a
class.

Now I can inspect that code in CTFE, but how do I build a list of all
subclasses? In the most generic way (with DLLs/shared libraries) this
can only work if code can be executed at runtime, so we'd need a way to
emit module constructors AFAICS. These should be able to avoid the
usual constructor dependency rules though.