Parallel execution of unittests

Xavier Bigand via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 1 05:04:54 PDT 2014

Le 01/05/2014 09:23, Dicebot a écrit :
> On Thursday, 1 May 2014 at 01:45:21 UTC, Xavier Bigand wrote:
>> Splitting all features at an absolute atomic level can be achieve for
>> open-source libraries, but it's pretty much impossible for an
>> industrial software. Why being so restrictive when it's possible to
>> support both vision by extending a little the language by something
>> already logical?
>
> You are pretty much saying here "writing good code is possible for
> open-source libraries but not for industrial software".
It's just a lot harder when you are under pressure.
I am working for a very small company and our dead lines clearly doesn't
help us with that, and because I am in the video game industry it's not
really critical to have small bugs.

Not every body have the capacity or resources (essentially time) to
design his code in the pure conformance of unittests definition, and IMO
isn't not an excuse to avoid tests completely.
If a language/standard library can help democratization of tests it's a
good thing, so maybe writing tests have to stay relatively simple and
straightforward.

My point is just when you are doing things only for you it's often
simpler to them like they must be.