Parallel execution of unittests

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 1 06:59:45 PDT 2014

> I dream of a day when TDD crap will be finally discarded and
> fade into oblivion.

I think most people who don't like TDD don't fully understand it.
At the same time I think people who like TDD tend to abuse it.
Either way, I like it, do it, and want my workflow to be the best
it is with it.

>> Even if failing tests were exceptional, I still want
>> everything I just mentioned.
>
> Probably. But will you still _need_ it? ;)

Yes. :P

>>>And if test group is complex
>>> enough to require categorization then either my code is not
>>> procedural enough or module is just too big and needs to be
>>> split.
>>>

>> And when I split them I put them into a subcategory.
>
> This is somewhat redundant as they are already categorized by
> module / package.

Which is why my library uses the fully qualified name of the test
to categorise them.

Atila